I just love it when friends (non-vegan) ask me, Natasha, what do you eat for breakfast besides like oatmeal, fruits and veggies!? Like, there are SO many options, you kidding me. From sweet potato hash, to stuffed avocados, to sweet quinoa bowls, smoothie bowls, breakfast bowls, to CHICKPEA FRITTATAS!
These frittatas not only taste amazing, but they look SO cute!! If you don’t know this about me already, I love beautiful and cute looking food. I feel this sensation like I’ve just created a painting, a beautiful work of art. And these chickpea frittatas give me all the feels. Now, this is just one take on the many different kinds of versions you can make. From a Tex Mex inspired recipe, to a Greek inspired recipe or maybe even a Spanish tortilla inspired recipe, the options are abundant. And so, here is a take on the Chickpea frittatas, hope you enjoy them friends!
If you like visuals, feel free to check out the how-to recipe video here.
Serving Size – 12 frittatas
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 35 minutes
- 1 shallot
- 1 green bell pepper
- handful of sweet cherry tomatoes
- handful of baby spinach
- dash of Italian herbs
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of salt
- 1 & 3/4 cups of garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 & 1/4 cup of water
- coconut oil (for spraying/greasing the muffin pan)
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Chop up your shallot, green bell pepper, tomatoes & spinach.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, baking powder and Italian herbs. Whisk all these dry ingredients together.
- Add your 2 & 1/4 cups of water and whisk all together.
- Add in all your chopped veggies: tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper and shallot. Mix everything together. Taste batter in case more salt is needed.
- Grease muffin pan. I like to use coconut oil or coconut oil spray!
- Fill up muffin cups with the chickpea frittata batter.
- Bake frittatas for 30-35 minutes until center is fully cooked.
- Top with some guacamole (homemade or store bought) and enjoy!